turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kfgoodman

How can I have a Tax liability of $554,345.00 with an income of $89,777? The 554,345 shows in the Federal Balance Due.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I have a Tax liability of $554,345.00 with an income of $89,777? The 554,345 shows in the Federal Balance Due.

You obviously have an error in one of your entries.  I'd save the return to a PDF file and then view your 1040 form to find out where your erroneous entry was made.  It is possible you missed a decimal point some where and you inadvertently entered too much income.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kfgoodman

I checked all inputs and they were all correct in the Income section.  Access to PDF and 1040 not available until complete.  Having used TurboTax for the last 8 years, I porchased a PC version and am going to use it as it has more flexibility in checking your work and the 1040 is visible at any point in the input process.

You obviously have an error in one of your entries.  I'd save the return to a PDF file and then view your 1040 form to find out where your erroneous entry was made.  It is possible you missed a decimal point some where and you inadvertently entered too much income.
fsproull

sometimes wrong if you are using turbo tax go back to your income and look at your w-2, 1099's etc and make sure your entries are correct.  also income from your business or sale of stocks etc.  ckeck all of your income again
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies