Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get my second stimulus check on turbo tax with out paying 170$ to complete the process! Any help greatly appreciated!

Second stimulus, but turbo tax wants 170$ Out of my 600$ I’m confused, also why is there no option for a pre paid debit card or paper check?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I get my second stimulus check on turbo tax with out paying 170$ to complete the process! Any help greatly appreciated!

You are posting from the expensive online Self-Employed.  Do you have self-employment income?  is there a chance that you could qualify for the free software that will be available later in January that can prepare a return that requires a Schedule C?

If you qualify to use it, there is another full-featured free version of the software:

Try Free File: 

You qualify if your income was $39,000 or less, or $72,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-free-file-program

Or—-Use this IRS site for other ways to file for free

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You can’t just “get your stimulus“ on TurboTax. You must file one complete tax return for 2020 that lists all your income, credits, and deductions in one place.  If you did not receive the correct stimulus payments in round one or round two, that tax return will also claim the recovery rebate and use it to reduce your tax bill or increase your refund, but you can never file just to get the rebate, and then file the rest of your tax return later.

The price to file a tax return with TurboTax depends on your unique situation and the forms that you require for that situation.  If you have self-employment income, you have to file a tax return that includes the self-employment forms. If you don’t, then you should not be agreeing to upgrade to that version of TurboTax and you should use the free version or whatever other version is appropriate for your situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies