How can I file my federal taxes by mail? I paid TT fees by credit card and chose direct debit to pay taxes, but TT is still saying I must change my payment method first.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see the instruction below on how to print and mail my return in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online return.
  2. Select File and you’ll get to the [Your name], just (…) more steps and we'll file your returns screen.
  3. Complete Steps 1 and 2 if you haven’t already done so, then select Start next to Step 3.
  4. On the Let’s get ready to e-file screen, select File by mail, then on the pop-up screen make sure you select File by mail for federal and all of your states.
  5. Once you have changed your payment method to credit or debit card, follow the onscreen instructions to print your return. If you haven't already paid any outstanding TurboTax fees, you'll be prompted to do so before you can print.

If you just need the mailing address:  We'll provide the address in the filing instructions document that prints out with the paper copy you'll file. For your federal return, you can also look it up at this IRS website.

Update: changed from the "pay my taxes with my bank account number" to "pay my taxes by check" and it worked just fine.
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Thank you for the update!