turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I file my federal taxes by mail? I paid TT fees by credit card and chose direct debit to pay taxes, but TT is still saying I must change my payment method first.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

How can I file my federal taxes by mail? I paid TT fees by credit card and chose direct debit to pay taxes, but TT is still saying I must change my payment method first.

Please see the instruction below on how to print and mail my return in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online return.
  2. Select File and you’ll get to the [Your name], just (…) more steps and we'll file your returns screen.
  3. Complete Steps 1 and 2 if you haven’t already done so, then select Start next to Step 3.
  4. On the Let’s get ready to e-file screen, select File by mail, then on the pop-up screen make sure you select File by mail for federal and all of your states.
  5. Once you have changed your payment method to credit or debit card, follow the onscreen instructions to print your return. If you haven't already paid any outstanding TurboTax fees, you'll be prompted to do so before you can print.

If you just need the mailing address:  We'll provide the address in the filing instructions document that prints out with the paper copy you'll file. For your federal return, you can also look it up at this IRS website.

Update: changed from the "pay my taxes with my bank account number" to "pay my taxes by check" and it worked just fine.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the update!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies