Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I continue to e-file my taxes if I do not have a printer? I cannot e-sign it, do I have to sign it by hand?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I continue to e-file my taxes if I do not have a printer? I cannot e-sign it, do I have to sign it by hand?

When you e-File, your return is presumed to be signed.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Why do you need a printer if you are going to e-file the tax return?  On the tax return you use the 2016 AGI for your electronic signature.  Are all the forms and schedules finalized so you can e-file?  Click on Review to see if any forms still need to be finalized.

The IRS will not start processing returns until the 29th or later ... so you have the time to find the 2016 AGI so you can efile the return.

Otherwise, once all your forms are ready, you can save the PDF and find some way to print the return if you do need to mail in the return.

When you e-File, your return is presumed to be signed.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies