turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

How can I change the color/size of the fonts so that I can better see them?

So that we can better assist you, can you please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing? What version of macOS are you using?

@HarrisFF

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As with HarisFF, the "form scale" option in preferences does nothing in TurboTax 2020. Also, the buttons pointed out in the bottom right of the window don't exist on the mac version.

Given this has not been fixed in years, and the unhelpful advice given from Intuit support on this forum, I find it hard to justify using TurboTax in the future. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Would you also please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing? What version of macOS are you using?

@bjack3

I'm currently looking at TurboTax Delux 2020 on macOS 12.0.1, however the same thing occurred last March when I had an earlier version of macOS. This also occurred in previous version of TurboTax, so it's not a new issue with the software.

Regarding the bottom bar, which KristinaK pointed out in a previous response, the additional controls do not exist in the mac version. I attached a screenshot, showing the bottom of my window after my 2020 taxes were completely completely filled out. You can see it is very different than what is show in the Windows version. I also included screenshots showing that when I adjust the "form scale" slider in preferences, it doesn't do anything to the text within the TurboTax window

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 14.02.45.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-14 at 14.09.39.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-14 at 14.09.46.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-14 at 14.09.53.png

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.1 and TT 2021 - When I press Command and Period [.] the slider comes up and I can increase or decrease the size of the window which makes the font LOOK larger but all it's doing is making the page bigger. In previous versions (last year) there was "AA" at the bottom of the screen but no more. I have used the Windows version in the past. Mac version is far inferior to Windows version. Pretty poor.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried these instructions to alter the size of the font:

• Pressing CTRL and the PLUS SIGN should increase the font size in both the Online version and the Desktop version of TurboTax. You can decrease the size of the font by pressing CTRL and the MINUS SIGN

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service.

@bjack3

As was stated in the previous comments in this thread, the instructions for windows don't work in the mac version. Most likely due to a bug, and poor testing on that version.

It's a bit frustrating that the Intuit customer service people on this forum seem to be offering suggestions without actually checking that these actually work. It gives me little confidence in the company's commitment to offering a stable product. 

Control + does not increase the font when using the TurboTax Guidance popups from different links through out the software.  Some of the popups have a font button to increase size and control+ works for those, but not all the help popups have this option available.

For example, in the Desktop windows version of TurboTax in following section "Your W-2 info so far" the link displayed "What if I don’t have my W-2, or one is missing?" results when double clicked in an On Demand Tax Guidance popup screen for which the font is not adjustable and displayed with very small characters making it difficult to read.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For more options to adjust screen text/size, please take a look at the suggestions in this thread here.

If the suggested resolutions do not work, please reach out to Customer Support for additional assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

I HAVE THE SAME VISION PROBLEMS AND THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE THE FONT BIGGER ON THE HELP ITEMS AND IM SO FRAUSTRATED, I NEED HELP AND CANT GET IT

On my Macbook Pro, In Forms view, I found that pressing command-comma brings up a "Form Scale" dialog with a slider to adjust the size of the font size of the tax form in the forms view.

It doesn't seem to do anything in the EasyStep view.

frank pascucci
Returning Member

How could I print the tax return and have the light grey numbers darker

I tried it in Windows version and it does not work either.

Here is a screen print. It offers no section to increase font size like other sections and control plus sign does not work to increase the text.

ctrl-plus-does-not-work.JPG

ctrl-plus-does-not-work.JPGHere is the screen in Windows version. There is no area to increase the text size and control plus does not do anything on this screen and other similar help / On Demand Tax Guidance screens.

Yes, correct. It stinks. Unless this is fixed in all OS versions I'll be using a different tax software next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies