Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edwardgibbs
Returning Member

How can get 2017 State programs?

I need to amend my 2017 Federal return, which also has NJ and SC state returns.  I have the Federal download and installed it, but when I open the file with the return TT goes looking for the state programs, tries to download them and fails, and says "Something went wrong, try again later."  At that point, the only options are to try again or cancel, and cancel just closes the return.  I've looked all over the Intuit site but 2017 state downloads are not to be found.  Oddly, they do offer downloads for 2017 on the Canadian site, but I don't think that will help.  Does anyone have a solution to get these state downloads?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How can get 2017 State programs?

TurboTax does not support tax years prior to 2019.  Any refund on a 2017 amended return will not be paid since it is beyond the 3 year limitation for filing for a refund after the due date of the original tax return.

If you need to amend the state returns you can use the forms from the state websites or you can use a local tax professional to assist in completing the 2017 amended returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies