turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jbriane76

Hi there, I keep getting an error to do my payment saying there's an error on my credit card number or security code. I used 2 different cards and it came with same error

I am not eligible for payment through my refund as I live abroad. I have checked multiple times that I have input the correct credit card number and security code
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Hi there, I keep getting an error to do my payment saying there's an error on my credit card number or security code. I used 2 different cards and it came with same error

If you have a US credit card with a US billing address then you will have to temporarily change your mailing address to the billing address for the credit card.

Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Edit your Mailing Address.  After the mailing address has been changed return to the File section of the program in Step 2 to complete the payment process.  Once the payment has been processed return to My Info and change the Mailing Address back to the original address.

Why234
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem. I tried changing my address, but it still came up saying there was a problem with my credit card number or security code. 

Another weird thing happened when I did this. When I changed my mailing address to match my billing address, on the payment page, it auto-filled my foreign address, when before it hadn't auto-filled anything.

Edit: It finally worked! I think logging out and logging back in helped. I also removed MAX Benefits because I heard other people getting errors associated with it.

Walileh

Thanks to DoninGA and others that I finally got the problem resolved with so much time wasted. Very frustrated.

The problem is so absurd and misleading. First, the error message provides totally wrong information and caused me several hours to check the credit card information, try different cards, call credit card bank to verify my account, ...etc. After all those failed, finally I tried to search for clues in internet and got the answer.

The solution is actually not that straight forward and I actually never made it work for Turbo Tax online. After changed the address and still failed, I downloaded Turbo Tax mobile app, login from there and eventually made the payment go through, by using Apple Pay.

Not done yet, after the correction, there is one additional issues you may need to take care of. For living in foreign country, I don't need to file state tax return. But I need to change my address to credit card address, which is in USA. After that, the state tax due showed up.  Even though I changed the address back to foreign country, the state tax due would not not go away. And Turbo Tax just would not allow me to file Federal tax only. I spend another tens of minutes to figure out how to remove the state tax.

In any case, I was happy with Turbo Tax online for many years, until this year. And the problem happened when trying to "pay Turbo Tax" money......

3NY
Level 1

It works for me! Thanks, DoninGA!!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Changing my address worked and cranky TT accepted my payment. I wanted to save the payment confirmation as a PDF but the entire details did not render so took a screen grab for my own peace of mind. How stinkin' frustrating! 

Jakwall

Thank you so much for posting about this! I had the same problem, and this helped me resolve it. 

I need to change my email address to my new one [email address removed] to [email address removed] and my old number [phone number removed] to [phone number removed]

Need to change old email address to new one

TB681

Trying to use my card that I have had for a long time and it’s telling me that my security code on the back is not found why is that I have a lot of money on there and I’m very upset over this I don’t know what to do

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to your Turbo Visa Debit Card?  If so, we don't have access to your account information and are unable to assist you with your account in this public forum.  Please contact Customer Care so that they can assist you with your security code.

@TB681

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies