Walileh

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks to DoninGA and others that I finally got the problem resolved with so much time wasted. Very frustrated.

The problem is so absurd and misleading. First, the error message provides totally wrong information and caused me several hours to check the credit card information, try different cards, call credit card bank to verify my account, ...etc. After all those failed, finally I tried to search for clues in internet and got the answer.

The solution is actually not that straight forward and I actually never made it work for Turbo Tax online. After changed the address and still failed, I downloaded Turbo Tax mobile app, login from there and eventually made the payment go through, by using Apple Pay.

Not done yet, after the correction, there is one additional issues you may need to take care of. For living in foreign country, I don't need to file state tax return. But I need to change my address to credit card address, which is in USA. After that, the state tax due showed up.  Even though I changed the address back to foreign country, the state tax due would not not go away. And Turbo Tax just would not allow me to file Federal tax only. I spend another tens of minutes to figure out how to remove the state tax.

In any case, I was happy with Turbo Tax online for many years, until this year. And the problem happened when trying to "pay Turbo Tax" money......