Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, my Self- Employment income and expenses section keeps on saying "Needs a review" on the right side of the screen but I don't know what needs to change.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi, my Self- Employment income and expenses section keeps on saying "Needs a review" on the right side of the screen but I don't know what needs to change.

If you are still experiencing issue with this, please contact TurboTax Customer Support from this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263

Same. I have tried deleting and re-adding. Doesn't work. Just keeps saying needs review but then you click to see what needs review and nothing is there.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I wonder whether some element of your self-employment income needs to be reviewed, perhaps, the Qualified Business Income Section.  It is at the bottom of the self-employment screen and can be missed.

With the Qualified Business Income Deduction, many taxpayers can exclude up to 20% of their qualified business income from federal income tax.

In TurboTax Online Self-employed, follow these steps.

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Income & expenses.
  • Under Your income and expenses, scroll down to Self-employment income and expenses.
  • Click on Edit/Add to the right of Self-employment income and expense.
  • At the screen Your 2019 self-employed work summary, click Edit to the right of the self-employment income.
  • Scroll down to Qualified Business Income.  Perhaps this section or another sections says Review.

@lacheporter 

[Edited 02/28/2021 7:31 AM PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies