turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased Turbo Tax 2018 Deluxe + State for Mac from Amazon, but it doesn't include the state download once installed.

https://smile.amazon.com/TurboTax-Deluxe-Download-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B07HGVHF62/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_...

Amazon.com Mac version for Federal+State download doesn't actually come with the State download.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

I purchased Turbo Tax 2018 Deluxe + State for Mac from Amazon, but it doesn't include the state download once installed.

UPDATE: It looks like Amazon incorrectly mapped the SKUs on the backend and delivered the incorrect product to customers. I currently don't know the next steps but it will most likely come from Amazon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Kevinconroy, 

Thank you for your purchase. We were recently informed that customers who purchased the download version of TurboTax Deluxe with State between the dates of 10/30-11/14 mistakenly received the wrong product. If you believe you were affected, please take the following steps (1) de-install TurboTax from your computer or laptop, (2) go to your Amazon Software Library, (3) select your TurboTax 2018 Deluxe with State product and (4) reinstall it onto your computer or laptop. As you go through the product, you may see a screen that prompts you to pay for State, when you click on “Purchase State”, you will see that your first State Download is included at no charge ($0.00). We apologize for the inconvenience and will be releasing an update in the product to correct this message. 

The State programs are not yet available for download.  They usually become available in late December or early January.  However, with the tax code changes for 2018 the state programs may be even later this tax year.

There are 4 user reviews at Amazon saying Deluxe with State is asking them to pay for a state download, so they've all rated it 1 star (lowest).   They say it's asking them to pay for the state.   Hopefully, folks won't do that, but some might.   It would be better if they were to be presented a message when they try to download the state software that the state program is not yet available.

Yes, I am in the same boat as the other Amazon reviews (although I haven't left a negative review over this bug). However, the symptoms they described are the same as what I see.

On 11/18/18, I purchased from Amazon the TT2018 Deluxe CD for Mac&PC (with State), but TT will not do a free CA State download on my Mac (High Sierra). TT wants money, etc. The TT CD and the CD package shows that State is to be included. Is this a problem for Amazon to fix, or can TT fix this?  Thanks. Henry

It is an Amazon problem.  They haven’t said how it will be fixed for the CD.
GabiU
Level 15

@eriwdlog2006 have you upgraded your product recently? There was a mandatory update to remove the pay screen for the Mac product.

No--the update for Wed 11/21 still does not allow my one free state download on my Mac. The CD was purchased from Amazon. I will check for updates again tomorrow. Have the updates fixed the no free state download problem for any other Mac users? If so, should I uninstall TT and then start all over from the CD? Suggestions?

eriwdlog2006
Are you sure you got an update today dated "November 21"?   I haven't received any update since last week's update.

You can either wait a while to see if it  updates and solves your issue.  If it doesn't, you can phone TurboTax Support, and they can "possibly" push you the state download-- IF your state is ready for download in preliminary form (many states cannot be downloaded yet.)  Even if it can be downloaded, the state forms will not be final and fully functional until late January or even February.  

TurboTax Support will be closed after today until Monday due to the holiday.   Hours 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern).

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.   Where the form asks what product you use, be sure in the dropdown menu you indicate "CD/download."

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact</a>
GabiU
Level 15

Can you provide a screenshot of the pay screen? 
This will help us create a case for the product team. 

Thank you. 

Here's a link to the screen that I see once I select my state (Maryland) and hit next.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=14z6u2fRQoTRaoHxAfz53X_C72mmPRtkz">https://drive.google.com/open?id...>
GabiU
Level 15

Thank you so much! We'll be contacting you as soon as we have more information.
We appreciate your patience.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies