Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I have a Turbo Tax license number from a family member to use to pay. Where do i put that license number in?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Hi, I have a Turbo Tax license number from a family member to use to pay. Where do i put that license number in?

You cannot pay for online TurboTax using that license code.  That code is only useable for the CD/download, which can be installed on any computer that the person who purchased the download owns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

To activate and install your TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll need the license code, a 16-character (or 14-character for 2019 products) combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found in one of these places:

• On the CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip
  • In the Download confirmation email and/or order history

To download TurboTax with the license code, enter your activation number in the License code box on the activation screen and select Continue to complete installation.

You’re free to use the same license code to install the software on up to five computers; you'll need to purchase another license if you need more.

If you need help installing, select your operating system for more info:

Please click How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies