turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I filed a federal tax extension this year during Turbo Tax. I haven't yet paid for or started my 2020 taxes and I cannot find where to print the extension.

My local tax department wants a copy of my federal extension but I cannot find where to print it here.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Hi, I filed a federal tax extension this year during Turbo Tax. I haven't yet paid for or started my 2020 taxes and I cannot find where to print the extension.

EXTENSION

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2879424-how-do-i-print-my-4868-extension-form-after-e-filing-it-th...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hi thanks for the response,

I did read that prior to posting but for some reason that does not appear as an option for me.  A little background that may or may not make a difference; I file using Turbotax every year but I buy a hard copy from target.  This year I plan on filing via the web browser and I filed my extension via the web browser so I'm not sure if that's an issue.  My account does not give me access to my previous tax returns because I filed via the CD copy of turbotax but I did the extension via the web browser version this year; but have not bought a copy of turbotax this year yet (Still deciding on it; filing one of my K-1 was incredibly confusing/difficult last year)

This is what my screen looks like

screen shot - turbotax.jpg

You must log into the same online account as you used to file the extension then register the account in order to print the extension form in the PRINT CENTER  under tools on the left side menu.  On the screen shot you posted pick the free option then log in to access the account ... you may need to complete the MY INFO tab first. 

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

You can view your entire return or just your 1040 form before you e-file:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
    • Preview your entire return: Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return (you may be asked to register or pay first).
    • View only your 1040 form: Select Tools. Next, select View Tax Summary in the pop-up, then Preview my 1040 in the left menu.

Get Form 4868 online at the IRS website.

Fill it out and hand it to whoever is asking you for it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies