Hi, I bought the 2017 TurboTax Deluxe CD at Sam's but I guess I did not know how to use it properly. Yesterday, when I prepared my e-file, I was charged $39.99 again.

I opted to deduct the fee from my return but I was charged $19.99 + $39.99.  Can TurboTax help me at this point?

Did you e-file the 2017 tax return already?

Yes

I am not sure if you are an agent.  My name is Betzabeth [remove PII]

No, I did make sure to buy the one that includes Federal and State.  I think that what I did wrong, was opening TurboTax online vs. the CD that I had installed.

To use the desktop program, you install the CD on your own computer.  You prepare the tax return and file from your own computer, you don't use Turbotax Online.

Deluxe comes in 2 boxes, Federal only, or Federal + One State.  If you bought Federal only by mistake, you would have to pay separately for the state module.  Free e-filing is provided for the federal return but the state costs extra to e-file (you can save the extra fee and print your state return and mail it in.)  If this is what you did, you got what you paid for, although you may have bought the wrong box by mistake.  And the "deduct from refund" is always an extra $40 service charge no matter how you filed.

If you filed using the web site accessed through your web browser (Turbotax online) then you used a completely different program that does not access the desktop program it is priced differently and has different features.  You can try returning the CD since you didn't use it.