marli1983

Hey guys, does anyone know how I can report fraudulent activity with my taxes? My husband and I are no longer together,still married but we don't speak.He has filed taxes jointly without my permission

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Tax Fraud
We don't take tax law violation referrals over the phone. Use Form 3949-A, Information Referral (PDF) if you suspect an individual or a business is not complying with the tax laws. Don’t use this form if you want to report a tax preparer or an abusive tax scheme.

We will keep your identity confidential when you file a tax fraud report. You won’t receive a status or progress update due to tax return confidentiality under IRC 6103.

Tax fraud includes:

False exemptions or deductions
Kickbacks
A false or altered document
Failure to pay tax
Unreported income
Organized crime
Failure to withhold
Failure to follow the tax laws
You may send a letter instead of using Form 3949-A. Include as much information as possible in your letter, including:

The name and address of the person or business you’re reporting
The individual’s Social Security number or the business’ Employer Identification Number
A brief description of the tax fraud you are reporting, including how you became aware or obtained the information
The years of the suspected tax fraud
The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
Your name, address and telephone number.(You are not required to identify yourself, but this information is helpful to us.
To claim a reward for information about tax fraud, use Form 211, Application for Award for Original Information (PDF).

SusanY1

In addition to filing the above, I would also go ahead and be sure that you mail in your own tax return prior to July 15, 2020.  If you wish, you can include with it a cover memo that explains that you have reason to believe a joint tax return was filed using your information without your consent.  

While you are allowed to file jointly with your spouse even when you live apart, you must both consent to do so.  

Sarapoo62

I need to report a fraudulent that took out my bank account checking account  $ 60.00 out I wanted refund it back and I am not very happy who ever did took it out😠

@Sarapoo62 wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...