msvalls

Help, I accidently deleted all the mutual funds that I had last year. Since most are the same as this year is there any way I can get them back for use in 2016

SteamTrain

You could go up to MyAccount and select "Clear and start over".....that selection defaults to transferring in last year's empty forms.

BUT...that is probably unnecessary......since, sometime in February you would download your Mutual Fund Tax information from the Brokerage that handles those funds, and would likely create all new new forms in the import process anyhow. 

But if you enjoy entering all that information manually, then the Clear and start over is what you would need.....it does delete any test $$ information from 2016 you may have input already, but that probably wasn't very accurate anyhow.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

Here's how to clear out your return & start over:

1.     Sign in to TurboTax Online.

2.     On the upper right side click on My Account 

3.     Click Clear your 2016 return and start over.

o   If you already paid, you'll get the message You cannot clear your return.

4.     In the pop-up Re-transfer my data after clearing if you  want last year's data to transfer over again.