Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msvalls

Help, I accidently deleted all the mutual funds that I had last year. Since most are the same as this year is there any way I can get them back for use in 2016

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Help, I accidently deleted all the mutual funds that I had last year. Since most are the same as this year is there any way I can get them back for use in 2016

You could go up to MyAccount and select "Clear and start over".....that selection defaults to transferring in last year's empty forms.

BUT...that is probably unnecessary......since, sometime in February you would download your Mutual Fund Tax information from the Brokerage that handles those funds, and would likely create all new new forms in the import process anyhow. 

But if you enjoy entering all that information manually, then the Clear and start over is what you would need.....it does delete any test $$ information from 2016 you may have input already, but that probably wasn't very accurate anyhow.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You could go up to MyAccount and select "Clear and start over".....that selection defaults to transferring in last year's empty forms.

BUT...that is probably unnecessary......since, sometime in February you would download your Mutual Fund Tax information from the Brokerage that handles those funds, and would likely create all new new forms in the import process anyhow. 

But if you enjoy entering all that information manually, then the Clear and start over is what you would need.....it does delete any test $$ information from 2016 you may have input already, but that probably wasn't very accurate anyhow.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Here's how to clear out your return & start over:

1.     Sign in to TurboTax Online.

2.     On the upper right side click on My Account 

3.     Click Clear your 2016 return and start over.

o   If you already paid, you'll get the message You cannot clear your return.

4.     In the pop-up Re-transfer my data after clearing if you  want last year's data to transfer over again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies