maloymichaels

Hello, On my W2 box 14 indicates FFSELF, however there is no category listed, how do I know which category to select from box 14 dropdown to submit my return ?

macuser_22

An employee can put anything they want in box 14.  There are only a few standard entries that TurboTax know about.   Ask the employer what it means and what is is for.

SteamTrain

found this snippet for an ADP site...but couldn't find the details:

".. employees will display on the 2020 Form W-2 in Box 14: Earnings reported under FF Employee Pay will display as code FFSELF; Earnings reported under FF ..."

Probably something to do with the Families First Corona Virus Relief Act (FFCRA)  but I can't know for sure

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
tsbdwb

On my daughter's Paystub and W2 this was for the Sick time she got paid during mandatory COVID 19 quarantine. She worked with Co-worker  on Sunday, Monday he was COVID-19 Positive. Thus she had to do Mandatory  quarantine.  Pay check says FF Employee Pay. Not sure what it stands for, but I know 100% this is what this line is for on her pay stub.  Hope this helps someone. 

GloriaL

FFSELF that is listed on your W2, are amounts paid to you as qualified sick leave wages or qualified family leave wages under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Specifically, up to three types of paid qualified sick leave wages or qualified family leave wages are reported in Box 14:

The three types are:

1. Sick leave wages subject to the $511 per day limit because of care you required.
  2. Sick leave wages subject to the $200 per day limit because of care you provided to another.
  3. Emergency family leave wages.

For instance, if you received wages while caring for another you would pick the category Sick leave wages subject to $200. If category 1 or 2 above do not pertain you would choose Emergency family leave wages.

@maloymichaels

[Edited 02/15/2021 | 5:54 PM PST]