Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bcpatte

What is a 8960 hold reject code

I called TT, and they told me it is a "known issue" and I should just go to the fix page, and refile and that it should go through with the second submission. I asked her if anyone who has done that has had their return accepted, and she said yet <insert side-eye> ....we will see if it works!
bcpatte

I called TT, and they told me it is a "known issue" and I should just go to the fix page, and refile and that it should go through with the second submission. I asked her if anyone who has done that has had their return accepted, and she said yet <insert side-eye> ....we will see if it works!

It has been referred to TurboTax to investigate.

It might be an internal TurboTax error or an IRS e-file system glitch - hard to tell where the reject is coming from.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
davermac

And how will they notify us it is fixed?
madisyd

having the same issue.  Went back through my taxes and it changed from the first one that I filed to a different amount now.  It didn't change my refund however.  
robmaher

Fernando, as TT never notified me that it was a programming issue, could you post on here when you are contacted and informed that it is ok to re-file?  It is much appreciated.  

I downloaded the entire return and verified that form 8960 is properly filled, which I am guessing is what most people are seeing as well.  Hopefully they are as efficient fixing their bug as they were taking my money for the premier state and federal products.
user55899

I also got the 8960_Hold error, and I can't feel my toes!
js100421

This is an internal error and will be fixed tomorrow
madisyd

Fernando, did they say how they would contact you about that you could refile?

js100421, is this something a TT internal person told you?

Hello - just thought I'd join the general conversation. Same thing here, same non-helpful error code, same feeling of dread and panic.
jdrogelio

Reject 8960_hold: EFE messaging states the following: Your tax return is on hold pending a product update expected to be released by March 28th. Please check again for updates..
It will be fixed tomorrow

Your tax return is on hold pending a product update expected to be released by March 28th. Please check again for updates..
It will be fixed tomorrow
echostorm

I just got federal rejected with the same 8960_Hold code too, looks like something is screwed up with Turbotax
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies