Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is a 8960 hold reject code

I have successfully resubmitted through the TurboTax online (not the desktop version).
Matt511

The latest advice is to go through your entire return from the beginning and then re-file. I don't think so. I did a very abbreviated version, skipping large sections when that was an option, then re-filed. We'll see if that works. TT should really be able to locate the problem more directly.
Matt511

Kind of funny, when you re-file now, the survey comes up that asks how your experience was, but everything is grayed out. So you can't give an update on your experience. Not happy. No, I am not likely to recommend this to my friend.

When I go to re-submit the Fed e-file it's saying I can't e-file an amended return and I now have to print it and send it in with a check. Anyone else have this problem or a work-around?

Make sure you did not inadvertently elect to file an amended return since amended returns cannot be e-filed.
echostorm

I just successfully refiled - without any changes to my initial filing (E-filed) on Turbo Tax Live and Federal was accepted within 30 minutes without the 8960_Hold Rejection, looks like Turbo Tax Live and Desktop have had updates rolled out.

I have the downloaded version. Customer service walked me through how to remove the amended forms for both federal and state. Once those forms were removed, I was successfully able to re-file.

my efile rejected with same error code 8960_Hold after 8 days, and resubmitted again o March 27, but as per notes here the issue should be resolved with March 28th release. If that is the case why can't the turbotax cancel the efile requests sent before March 28 in order for us to resubmit rather than waiting many days and ultimately getting rejected for release related issues and nothing to do with IRS.
echostorm

I started a thread to petition Turbotax refund us some fees due to this issue as they really didn't handle this error well and wasted a lot of our time on phones and didn't communicate the resolution well.  Chime in here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4711386-turbotax-will-you-give-us-a-discount-or-refund-against-the...>
AZstan

Echo storm  comment is right on. I wasted three or four hours trying to resolve the 8960 problem only to find out that Turbo Tax caused the problem. No communication and very little help from Turbo Tax. At least they could acknowledge their error in FAQs.
Matt511

My return appears to have been accepted. Very glad I did not follow turbotax's latest advice and go through the entire tax return again, just in hopes that the mysterious 8960 error would disappear. I went through it again, but skipped every section that the software allowed me to skip. Communication from Turbotax on both the problem and the solution was abysmal - nearly nonexistent, and much of what they did communicate was misleading and wasted a lot of time.

Have the product updates been made? I am receiving the same error today, March 28
ctassina1

Is TurboTax going to send those of us impacted an email when this is fixed so we can resubmit?

So is this fixed now?  How do we even know?  I haven't heard a thing from an actual TT employee yet.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies