Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is a 8960 hold reject code

I called TT and they updated that this is a known issues and they are working on fixing it.
NHAVEL

I was told it will be fixed within an hour after spending over 30 min on the phone with customer service. They clearly aren't giving their agents all the info they need to help their customers, not her fault but that was very frustrating at 11 pm.
echostorm

I don't know if this is TT not transmitting the 8690, my 2018 PDF shows that it was filled and sent.  Dunno if the IRS is screwed up or TT omitted the form, regardless I would like to know when to refile
user55899

@jdrogelio What does EFE stand for?
jdrogelio

Reject 8960_hold: EFE messaging states the following: Your tax return is on hold pending a product update expected to be released by March 28th. Please check again for updates..
It will be fixed tomorrow
bdevido

I am having the same issue. When tomorrow is this supposed to be fixed?

Same here

So I just got through to Turbo Tax by phone. They apparently are aware of the issue, and and "update" is supposed to be issued sometime on March 28 (tomorrow) that should correct this problem. It appears to be a software issue. Here's keeping my fingers crossed...

This issue needs to be proactively communicated to affected users, it's a bug.

Since it's a bug, TT should do right by customers and offer a partial refund of fees or a discount towards next year's returns. Bugs like this combined with a lack of communication erode trust with customers.

sokolow

Same issue here. Weird thing is I did my son's return weeks ago and it went through fine. So I guess something was broken in a subsequent update

Same issue from my end.  I am realizing that TurboTax is fine when all goes well, but their customer service is horrible!  I'm never been through so many circular do-loops of automated phone menus!  After nearly a decade, I will definitely do something different next year.  Even a simple post to their website about the issue would be something.  THROW US A BONE!

Filed on 3/24, got rejection notice today 3/28 with the error code that all are reporting here: "Error 8960: ..". Just opened Turbotax, which updated on start, declared that the "processing error has been fixed" and ready to e-file again. Proceeded with it and literally within minutes after filing, got the message "IRS has accepted your return". So I guess it was a goof-up on TT's end!! Phew..! Now, can I trust TT next year??
echostorm

Anyone re-submit with Turbotax Live to know if they patched this issue?  I just logged into TT Live without any notification that any processing error has been fixed.
AZstan

Same 8960 hold problem with no way to fix it, no way to resubmit and no help or information fromTurbo Tax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies