paulbanicki

Has anyone been able to download California State Tax Forms without being asked to pay?

2021 forms

We cannot tell what software you are using.   Are you using desktop software---the CD/download?   What version did you purchase?   If you purchased Deluxe from a retailer it is sold both with and without state software by retailers so you have to pay attention to what you are buying.   If you buy Basic or Deluxe without state software then you have to pay an extra $40 to download state software.

paulbanicki

I am using the Deluxe version (which includes state) by downloading the software through my Costco purchase.

TurboTax should not be prompting me to purchase the state for $40

I spoke with customer service at Turbo Tax who said it may be because California may have delayed finalizing their tax forms. They told me to keep checking back.

What is the solution?

Thanks for any help

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You will want to double-check the software box to make sure the state download is included. If it is, there may be a problem with your software and you will need to reach back out to Customer Support for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?