Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Carl
Level 15

Had quick question about 22 year old daughter that lives with us all year and recently had a baby in nov and has part time seasonal job?

So it doesn't really matter then. With only SS income, there's no need for the parents to claim anyone as their dependent, even if they qualify to do so. In fact, if SS is their only source of income, the parents don't even need to file a return at all. Just let the daughter file and claim herself and the grand child.

Had quick question about 22 year old daughter that lives with us all year and recently had a baby in nov and has part time seasonal job?

That is correct.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

I need to learn to read with my eyes, instead of my typing fingers. 🙂

Ha!
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@sr031051   If you need more help when your daughter receives her W-2, post back here.
sr031051

everyone please forgive me. I was in a hurry to get dressed for an dr appt.  I'm on SS like mentioned and since it never covers all your bills, I also work P/T seasonal like daughter does for city and will be claiming that as income for me and going to be close on which one of us makes more than other since its seasonal. wife had a 3 week job that company decided she wasn't going to fit in their work scenario and other than that thats all her income for the year and cant do unemployment because from what they say she dont have 5 quarters of steady work history. pretty much just wait till we get out w-2 and go from there. thanks everyone for replies, just got back from dr appt

@sr031051 We are really trying to help.  You keep adding new little pieces of critical information bit by bit that really affect the answers we are giving you.  First it was we only get SS.  Now it is I have a part time job,and my spouse had a little job.....Wait until all of you have your W-2's and post back with complete information so we can give you an informed response.
sr031051

and I reall appreciate everyone's help and makes my wife so mad when I do things like this and talk in riddles, I tell her I know what I'm thinking in my head but forget to relay it to paper or speaking. I will wait till everything comes in and reach out at that time. Thank You all
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies