turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Buffalo3

Getting TurboTax Marketing Emails that Ignore My Established Preferences Per TurboTax

Today, 12/5, at about 10 AM, I get a marketing email from Intuit/TTax making me a special offer on TTax. When I clicked on Unsubscribe, I got my Preferences page with the following message in red: "You previously opted-out of receiving all Intuit email communications, so we are unable to make changes to your preferences below." So the TurboTax marketing department, probably on purpose so that sales executives can get bigger bonuses, is emailing previous year TTax users without regard to their email preferences--which makes a joke of those entered preferences and shows a lack of integrity by Intuit and TTax. I was going to buy TTax again this year, but I will go back to HR Block now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Getting TurboTax Marketing Emails that Ignore My Established Preferences Per TurboTax

So sorry this happened!  Try the link below, and make sure you are signed into your TurboTax account.

https://privacy.intuit.com/cpi/do/signin

One other thought:  Do you have more than one TurboTax account or email address?  You may be receiving marketing emails to one email address and failed to opt out in another.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

When am I getting my TT2019 James V

@1fordlariat wrote:

When am I getting my TT2019 James Vallin

Check your order status using this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing is still happening.  I just got an email with an offer on TTax, clicked to unsubscribe, and got the same message "You previously opted-out of receiving all Intuit email communications, so we are unable to make changes to your preferences below."  I only have one email address that I use for this so there is no email mixup on my end. 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@Anonymous I was browsing in my own TurboTax account earlier this week and came across a different way to opt out of emails, etc.  

Log into your TT account.  On the left side of the screen, you should see your "Intuit Account" near the bottom left.  Once you click on that, you should see the option of personalizing your "Communications".  Maybe this will help.  Screenshot below.Inked2020-01-17 21_29_19-_LI.jpg

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Your first message correct for people that have an account. I logged into TurboTax and did not find the info you posted a screenshot.

CarolLawrance
Returning Member

yes, it can help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies