Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Full Tax Service - Need Prior Year Only Filed (2020 in 2023)

I need to e-file my 2020 tax return, in Feb 2023.  The IRS says you can still e-file 2020 returns.  I know that Turbo Tax personal software won't let me ... My question is:  Will the Full Tax Service Pro be able to?  Are they an approved MEF or Registered Tax Pro who can do it?  I don't want to pay $379 and find out they can't.  I already have the Turbo Tax done, just need a Pro to be able to submit it.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

you are willing to pay $379 to have your return that is already prepared e-Filed ??

filing a paper tax return is simple and common-place

the IRS is working down the big backlog of paper tax returns.

@DolceDolce 

Find a local tax professional who can efile prior year returns. TurboTax only efiles current year.

Yes I had some 1099-C forms, that never arrived.  I have the info from the tax account statement online, and will have to manually create those, etc.  It's a lot of work.  Additionally, the whole mess of other gambling forms, etc.  Do you think I could just send in my tax account statement of transactions versus all the forms?

I will owe, so they can take their time if they'd like, but it's all the forms (about 60) that need to be included versus e-file.

I've had paper returns before, so not opposed to that, but it's the larger job of printing, making copies of all the forms, and then having to recreate the 1099-C from the tax statement, as I don't have those forms, etc.  It just seems easier and more time effective to send a pro my tax return for e-file.  I could literally make up that $379 in one-hour's work of what I do - digital marketer, versus 16 hours or more to do this.

many pay much more than $379 to have their taxes done.

You will also, probably.

if there is a lot of paperwork then that adds hours onto your preparer's bill.

Go for it.

@DolceDolce 

If your tax return is ready to e-File, then it is ready to Print and Mail. 

there is no paperwork to reconstruct.

you can file on paper without 1099 or w-2 forms. IRS already has copies.

(IRS may ask for them later)

only documents that show withholding are expected to be attached.

your 1099-C would not show withholding.

@DolceDolce 

From what I understand, those who use Drake and other platforms, can do an upload/transfer of information, and that it's completed almost instantaneously.  The printed form says to attach all documents, but I think I will just attach my tax transcript.  Yeah, it's 100% done.  I didn't want it hung up in snail mail batches for 18 months like another one I filed, but hopefully it is sooner.  A couple EAs replied back to me on Upwork and each quoted $250.  Thanks for your input!

Well, the problem is I have some taxes withheld on some 1099-Gs, and others I did not withhold on 1099-G.  I wouldn't want someone to think I purposely didn't send some of them in, even though all of them are reported on my Turbo Tax.  I'll just do e-file, it's much simpler. Thanks again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies