Tbr1975

Free tax edition

Trying to file my taxes. Cannot get it out of "free tax edition" because I don't qualify. Keeps sending me back to irs.gov.

Free tax edition

You have to start over in a different account and user ID.  You cannot move the return from the Free File program into a paid program--by IRS rules.  Sounds like you have to use a paid version since you do not qualify for Free File.

dmertz

Free tax edition

Perhaps you can Clear and Start Over in the Free File Program and begin again in the regular version of TurboTax without creating a new account.  That was possible in previous years.  But for the reason xmasbaby indicated, you cannot begin in the Free File Program and then switch to the regular version of TurboTax without starting over.