Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Mine was rejected twice as well.  I believe the issue is here - it specifically says "don't list Coronavirus in item C", but there's no way to clear it.  I cleared the FEMA number entirely and unchecked the Coronavirus box, and all that changed was that D) became unchecked.  The "Coronavirus" in C(1) appears to be stuck.

8915-f error.png

nancyhappy12
Returning Member

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

I had my taxes rejected as well due to this reason. I went back over and made sure I input the correct items. So now what? It's a waiting game for them to fix it again?

I am so livid.

Waited 6 weeks for this form to finally be finished and yesterday it finally was and my FEDERAL and STATE return were REJECTED.

I want a full refund of my purchase price and my state filing fee !!

You and me both!!!!!! This is unacceptable 

@clbickley  did your numbers on the form match prior years?  I had a more complicated return this year and it was still accepted in about 10-15 minutes. 

My numbers are correct.  The problem is Turbo Tax added “Covid-19” in line C (1) on the 8915-F and it should be blank.  I cannot fix the problem. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I cannot recreate this issue. Please verify your entries and if you are using TurboTax Download that the software is updated. Maybe try to delete the entry, delete cookies, clear cache (if using TurboTax Online), and renter.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  7. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and enter your information.

If you get the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen then you forgot to check the "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" on the previous screen. Make sure you don't select anything on the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen. Please go back to the previous screen and check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here"

If you are still having issues it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2022" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions for TurboTax Online

1. From the left menu select Tax Tools. 
  2. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  3. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  4. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  5. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 
  6. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

The instructions for TurboTax Download

1. On your menu bar at the very top, click "Online"
  2. Select "Send Tax File to Agent"  
  3. Click "Send"
  4. The pop-up will have a token number
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@clbickley 

@nancyhappy12 

@mbrowne81 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here. TurboTax software is inserting “coronavirus” where there should be a FEMA number or blank. Way to go TurboTax. Going to try a different software next year. 3 years and TurboTax can’t get it right. 

This has been the worst experience ever 

I have done all that a few times now, including the cache clearing as advised by the phone agent that I spoke with.

My online token is 1092457.  Thank you.

@DanaB27 

The issue is the TurboTax software is adding “coronavirus” on the form where the FEMA disaster number should be.  All suggestions to remove it have been unsuccessful.  TurboTax needs to fix the software. 

token number 1092464

I looked at my 2021 return and it actually had that Coronavirus written in item C) as well.  But what 2022 DOESN'T have is "Coronavirus" in part I after that big flow chart.

So either they started checking item C  where they hadn't before, or that's a red herring and the real issue may be the missing entry from the Part I Disaster Table.

This is what I was just told by one of the TurboTax Live agents that I spent the last 90 minutes working through this issue with:

Ok so what i was just told was that the coders gotta code and itll still be up to a few days. Im unsure as to why the updated release date says that it is available in that case but the latest info ive rceived says otherwise. Im so sorry you have to deal with this issue. Iget where you are coming from 100%. Id be the with the same mindset as you.

So the "Tax form availability" page is not accurate? The form is not, actually, available? This is just completely inexcusable. The level of incompetence on TurboTax's part borders on criminal here.

go to tools on the side and delete both qualified disaster distribution and 8915F. After that I went back to the section for 1099-r and re-entered all the information. That finally cleared line C and I was able to refile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies