Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 Home and Business Desktop Windows 11 with R0000-058-01 Error - cannot be filed

I had a friend using H&R Block Premium and Business and there was no problem with Form 7206.    I've used TT for over 10 years because I always thought it was a better product... this has really opened my eyes that basically one should go for the lowest cost program and hopefully you'll be successful because next time maybe H&R Block will have issues.   You would think at least TT would provide all of us that can't file due to the 7206 error a free 2025 TT Home and Business download, but I doubt that will happen.   

Form 7206 Home and Business Desktop Windows 11 with R0000-058-01 Error - cannot be filed

Very disappointed in TurboTax for not fixing the Form 7206 calculation issue yet.  After years of filing with TT, I am days away from demanding a refund and filing elsewhere.  Mailing a paper filing is NOT a satisfactory solution in today's day and age, especially given the wait time horror stories we hear about paper filings.

Does anyone know if we switch to the online version the this error will go away as it seems to be a problem with the desktop version?  Will turbo tax provide the online version free for those who paid for the desktop or at least give a refund for the turbo tax and the state efiling?  FreeTaxUSA is looking better and better. 

The problem is with TurboTax Online, too.  That's where my Form 7206 problem is..

any updates on this?  I cannot efile.  My return is over 200 pages long and I really do not want to have to mail it in.

I have purchased H&B edition and still cannot efile with form 7206

Sounds like you have a problem with your Form 7206 entries if you have HRB and you still can't e-file because of Form 7206...... I have verified with another person they filed with the HRB Business Premium desktop version and had no problem, and I've done searches on-line with tax software problems with Form 7206 and thehttps://http://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/federal-forms-available/ only company that comes up with a problem is TT.   In fact, when you go into HRB Q&A, it documents clearly that the program supports Form 7206 entries / submission:  Federal Tax Form Updates for Tax Preparation Software | H&R Block® (hrblock.com)

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update about customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return. The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline.

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206:Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

@freeradicalisa

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return. Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists.

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again. 

If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return.

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)? (edited)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

not HRB- I used turbotax home and business edition (PC desktop version)

I did end up printing hundreds of pages of my return and mailing in.  Very annoyed with TT.  Truly unacceptable that they cannot fix a known error with one form prior to the tax filing due date.

Ive asked for a refund. 

So let’s say I send in my paper return which is a ridiculous solution, but let’s say I do, how do I know my taxes are correct and accurate calculated if there is an error in the software? Will we need to recalculate and amend our taxes once Turbo Tax finally hopefully resolved the issue? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You will not need to do anything after you paper file. If anything needs corrected, you'll receive notification from the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies