Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1095-C line 15 has $$ not listed on my w2

I received a form 1095-C  with line 15 (Employee required contributions) $amounts that are not listed on my w2? Where can I add the amounts deducted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

What are you trying to do?   You do not enter a 1095C on a tax return.  Not anywhere.   You only enter a 1095A -- which you would have if your health insurance came from the marketplace--or healthcare.gov.

You do not enter a 1095B or a 1095C on a tax return at all.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

In almost all cases, the wages on your W-2 are already adjusted for the amount of employee contributions for health insurance. You do not enter the employee contributions anywhere in your tax return.

I have read that, I am just unsure where those numbers came from and if it was amount I paid, it would be deductible. However, I’ve come to conclusion that those are just random numbers and were never deducted from my pay. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Form 1095-C comes from your employer. You can ask them to explain the numbers. I'm sure the numbers are not random.

Amounts that are deducted from your pay for health insurance are not necessarily tax deductible. In most cases they are not deductible.

Look at a pay stub, not your W-2, to see if health insurance premiums were deducted from your pay, or ask your employer. The W-2 normally does not show health insurance premiums.

emmarw

Which box do I check if I'm listed on my parents form 1095-C? Thanks

@emmarw You do not enter anything at all about a 1095C on your tax return.  You are asked if you have a 1095A.  If you do not have a 1095A you say NO to that question and move on.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
myrondsr

I dont use 1095-a either 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, do you have a question?

@myrondsr 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@myrondsr What is your question about that?  Did you read this thread before posting to it?    Return to the thread and read.

andre422

Thank you this was very helpful 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies