turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hma3316

What is a school district? I live in buffalo because I am a college student and my permanent address is in New York City. As of December 31, I was in New York for break.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

What is a school district? I live in buffalo because I am a college student and my permanent address is in New York City. As of December 31, I was in New York for break.

For NY, your school district relates to where your residence is.  Since you live in NYC (even though you stay in Buffalo for school), you will use your borough as your school district.  The question is not about where you are going to school (college), but rather in which school district is your home located in (for tax purposes).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

For NY, your school district relates to where your residence is.  Since you live in NYC (even though you stay in Buffalo for school), you will use your borough as your school district.  The question is not about where you are going to school (college), but rather in which school district is your home located in (for tax purposes).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies