Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing for past year of taxes, getting an error when I e-file at the end saying "refund transfer payment isn't available" & got error says closed for tax season with c/c?

Recieving an error when I try to pay with credit card and when I try to just have money taken out of refund. How do I file if I can't submit or pay the amount due?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Filing for past year of taxes, getting an error when I e-file at the end saying "refund transfer payment isn't available" & got error says closed for tax season with c/c?

@alyssasouth18  wrote:  "Filing for past year of taxes...."

What tax year is "past year of taxes?"

Please say explicitly what product version you are using (online or desktop software) and what tax year you are preparing to file.    Online TurboTax is only for 2023 returns at this point in time.   If you're using desktop software, what tax year is the software you're using?

And are you filing with a USA or foreign address?

What year are you trying to file?  Online is only good for 2023 now.  Or are you using the Desktop program and trying to pay for the state efile?  You have to print and mail all prior year returns.  

For prior years you need to buy the Desktop program for each year. They only sell the last 3 years. You have to file each year separately.

How to prepare a prior year return
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-prepare-a-prior-year-tax-return/00/25...

To do a prior year return you have to buy the Desktop program here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products
You will need a full Windows or Mac to install it on.

I am filing for 2021, i purchased the desktop for Mac. I have filed in the past and didn’t have the issue of having to mail in. Thank you. 

Did you get the 2021 Desktop program installed and activated with the14 digit License Code?  It sounded like you were in the Online web version.  Yes you have to print and mail 2021.  You don't need to pay for anything else like the state efile fee.  

".........when I try to just have money taken out of refund....."

It is not possible to use refund processing when you are mailing your return.   That can only be done with a current year return that is being e-filed.  You cannot e-file a past year return, so you cannot pay your TurboTax fees from a federal refund at all.   You need to be using the CD//download software for the specific tax year which you purchase and pay for upfront.  There cannot be any extra fees for you to pay from a federal refund.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies