File Social security and medicare refund without o...

saran_1994

File Social security and medicare refund without one W2 form

I have to file a FICA(social security and medicare tax) refund. I have send my Form 843 for both my employers. I worked for 2 companies. IRS has to refund a total of 700. However I do not have W-2 from one of my employers right now. I lost it and I do not work there anymore. The company is closed because of the pandemic and there's no way I will get my W-2 by July 15th(deadline). So can i file my refund without one W-2? Will IRS just refund me the remaining amount or will they just reject my request all together since one of my W-2 is missing?

Kindly advise. Freaking out since i have just 3 more days for deadline.

Why do you need a FICA Refund?  Are you foreign or on a work Visa?  I don't know how those work.

saran_1994

yes you are correct. i am international student so eligible for social security and medicare refund

saran_1994

Just found out that the Federal Tax deadline does not apply to FICA. FICA refund can be claimed up-to 3 years from the tax year.