Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Return - This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed, usually because of tax regulations, so you'll need to print and file by mail.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Federal Return - This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed, usually because of tax regulations, so you'll need to print and file by mail.

Yes, not all tax returns can be e-filed. 

Does the program list any forms below that message? 

If it does, respond back with more details so TurboTax can help you further.

If no specific forms are listed, your can print the return and check the forms in it. Follow this link to see which forms can't be e-filed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It doesn’t list any forms and when we checked the forms against what couldn’t be e-filed there were none. We e-filed last year with no issues and nothing as changed on my end.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It could be that a form is not yet available for e-filing. Here is an article you can reference that will tell you particular forms availability. 

Why don’t you read before posting the same comment, it’s nothing to do with a form that isn’t available yet, we checked all the forms in my tax return against that article 3 times and there are NONE! Just admit TurboTax has dropped the ball in the coding and there is no way to talk to an individual.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Julie and I have posted two different links, one about why you can't e-file and the other about forms availability. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  

Here is how you can call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

It’s desktop version not online version. So that is of no help.

So I did chat with Matt from support and was told the desktop app is fine, no issues that the IRS servers were likely overwhelmed however if I had purchased TT online version I would be able file with no issues….is it just me or does that sound odd, desktop won’t but online can. They definitely have a bug, too bad they have gone to pot, TT used to be really good.

I HAVE same EXACT ISSUE AS HER.  Home & Business on a desktop. My taxes are quite simple, regular personal return AND schedule C small business. Nothing different than prior years that all went smooth. Getting the same basic can't e-file because "some forms can't e-file."

I have the EXACT SAME issue

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue in TurboTax and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. As soon as we have a resolution for you, it'll be shared on Community. The issue is scheduled to be resolved end of 1/31. Please do not file prior to 2/1.

I have purchased Turbo Tax for almost 20 years and now this! I downloaded H&R Block just to see if there is a similar issue and NOPE!! I could file my taxes just fine!! I'm done with Turbo Tax now. You cant even fix a simple problem as being able to efile

I know it’s an issue, I told you guys it was and was told by Matt it was 100% not an issue with TurboTax, and we spend $130 on tax software that doesn’t work, then we waste hours on phone with support and still can’t file our taxes. Terrible business, but at the end of the day you managed to cheat millions of folks out of their hard earned money, and y’all got paid so who cares right??

I am telling everyone only TT reviews I am doing to ditch TT and go to H&at block, they can even import a TT file as well. TT has gone downhill, charge more money for an app that doesn’t work, only to tell you to spend more money for the online version so u can do your taxes.

When can I file 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies