turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error 190

Hi, I just changed out TT Home & Business 2018 for TT Premier 2018. All of my current returns came over. But when I tried to open them I got the Error 190. I went to the community for the solution and followed it. But when I try to download the CA state TT wants to charge me $49.99. TT Premier 2018 is supposed to come with one free state download. I have no other states downloaded. How do I get past the $49.99 charge to get the free state download?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
GinaG
Intuit Alumni

Error 190

Watch your email for additional instructions from us!

Error 190

Gina,

Did you get my responses to your questions?

Barry Jackier

Error 190

I am getting the same error trying to load my 2017 return.

-Andrew

Error 190

I get this error when trying to load my 2017 State return for review.  Any solutions?

2017 State Load error.jpg

RMK700

Error 190

I'm trying to amend my 2017 return and i get this message.  

Suggestions?

Thanks

TT Error 190.PNG

Error 190

I get an error 190 at the screen that downloads the state taxes.

Error 190

I am getting this message on TurboTax 2017 like other individuals for a TurboTax program and it is asking to pay for a State Filing for $44.99.   I already filed and completed taxes but reinstalled on new computer and will not open files but asking for above.  Please help on how to fix so can open files.   TurboTax 2018 was re installed with no issues.

Error 190

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

See error 190

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586090-error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbotax-desktop

Try Accessing your state downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

cebess

Error 190

I am also having the same error. When I look in my state tax downloads I see that I have downloaded it previously, but I don't see any actions available on that page to address the issue.

turbo state.png

now what???

Error 190

I'm getting the same error when I try to amend my 2017 taxes. I have all ready downloaded my tax file and NC state taxes. Please help.

Screenshot (3).png

Error 190

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation. See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

rpierazek

Error 190

Message"Your fed return is now on this computer. Lets get your state forms next,"

When I download the state (CA) it comes back to the same message and won't start

my return. 2019 TT Deluxe

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Error 190

You need to double click on the state download program file while your Turbo Tax program is not up and running and it should boot up the whole TurboTax program with the state program in it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
drattan

Error 190

how were you able get around Error 190.  Am getting the same error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies