Does anyone know how to enter FORM 1099-R into TurboTax Deluxe 2021 Desktop for Mac? All the instructions at the website have to do with the online version of TurboTax. I can't find any tips or explanations in the actual software on how to do this. FYI, one 1099-R is for an IRA to IRA rollover. The other 1099-R is for a pension to IRA rollover. I don't believe I owe any tax.
Should be about the same way as online.
The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
Enter a 1099R under
Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)
Wages & Income at the top
Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,
Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit
There are 4 boxes. Be sure to pick the right box for the kind of 1099R you got.
If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.
To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button