Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bettyglover
Returning Member

Elected a indiv fedl inc tax overpayment be refunded. In the curr version of the return, the refund box is not checked and no bank acct info is shown. How is this fixed?

There was no place identified to enter the bank account information.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Elected a indiv fedl inc tax overpayment be refunded. In the curr version of the return, the refund box is not checked and no bank acct info is shown. How is this fixed?

What I am inferring from your question is that you cannot get direct deposit to work on your federal refund. If this is correct, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance. Please let us know if this is what you are referring to and if this helps:

How do I change my transferred direct deposit information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bettyglover
Returning Member

You have identified the correct issue.  I followed your suggestion but the boxes for identifying the account don't appear (Is this a bug in the 2020 Turboxtax Deluxe?)

I had received an overpayment last year and had it all refunded, but the information for the account was not carried forward for this return as far as I know.

Using the menu path:  Other Tax Situations, Additional Tax Payments, Apply Refund to Next Year, I initially had checked All or part of my refund toward next year's bill.  Then I found out that I was getting a bigger refund and changed it to:  Give me my entire refund being checked.    I've gone through the process of rechecking the federal and state returns.  Saved them and did a tax return preview.  The tax return indicates all x's in the account and the refund box is not checked for the overpayment.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To view the bank account information entered for your direct deposit please click the link below.

Where can I find my direct deposit account informa...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bettyglover
Returning Member

Yes.  Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies