Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EFile Transmission Error

I'm in NC and am having the same problem.  Talked with Turbo Tax.  At least in NC, Turbo Tax does not have the correct state forms to file electronically.  I submitted the Federal with no issues.  Not clear on whether it is a state-by-state delay in getting the electronic forms updated for e-filing or a TurboTax issue.  

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

@cekutan  It is a state by state issue.  North Carolina has a known issue with forms not being ready for e-file.  NC Department of Revenue is working feverishly to resolve the issue.  Once that is complete, TurboTax will update the system and you will be able to e-file.  We do not have a date on this fix yet so you will have to check back occasionally to attempt to e-file.  Does that help to clarify?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bpboyle
Returning Member

EFile Transmission Error

I just received the same error: Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. 

Online user, trying to file federal taxes + MD and NC.

EFile Transmission Error

I am having the same problem in North Carolina.  So I don't think this is a Rhode Island specific problem.

EFile Transmission Error

@JodyP wrote:

I am having the same problem in North Carolina.  So I don't think this is a Rhode Island specific problem.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

EFile Transmission Error

I too have this problem in NC.  However, Turbo Tax also is not transmitting my Federal return.  Why is that?

EFile Transmission Error

@JodyP wrote:

I too have this problem in NC.  However, Turbo Tax also is not transmitting my Federal return.  Why is that?

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

EFile Transmission Error

That worked.  Thank you!  

pmartin24

EFile Transmission Error

Same problem in NY, won’t let me file federal either. 

Brigirl13

EFile Transmission Error

Here in NC too. Federal was just fine, but state is giving that too. I went back and double checked everything, and all correct, but it still is giving the error, and right now it's the 11th of February. 

annieb98
Returning Member

EFile Transmission Error

Exactly the same problem I got today trying to efile federal and NC taxes together. 

EFile Transmission Error

Same for me in North Carolina 

EFile Transmission Error

@kenzie1808 wrote:

Same for me in North Carolina 

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

DiannS

EFile Transmission Error

I’m getting the same error. What does it mean? 

tfaw

EFile Transmission Error

NC same issue. I filed Federal taxes with no issues on 1/27/22. NC gives the same error. I’ve tried countless times. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies