Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EFile Transmission Error

I'm trying to e file my 2021 Federal and Rhode Island State tax. I'm getting the below message: "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available - Turbo Tax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return". 

I thought efile opened on January 24, 2022. I've checked my software for updates as well. Are we not able to efile yet for tax year 2021?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

308 Replies
Katina S
Intuit Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

You are correct. The IRS began accepting returns on January 24, 2022. You've done your part so far in getting your tax return completed. This issue has been reported and is being investigated. We thank you for your patience while we work towards a resolve for this issue.

[Edited 1:55 pm PST 02/04/2022]

EFile Transmission Error

I'm having the same problem.

also from RI.

all of the forms I'm submitting are listed as available.

EFile Transmission Error

I think it's an issue with e filing Rhode Island forms. I just tried e filing just the Federal forms, and it went through successfully. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

@vsanchez232

Thank you for reporting this experience.  TurboTax is currently investigating and has escalated the matter. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kwheisen

EFile Transmission Error

Same error code, same situation. I'm in Texas, so most likely not related to RI forms. Can Intuit provide an update on the issue?

EFile Transmission Error

Thanks for the tip - had the same error with Fed and two states, MA and RI. Just efiled Fed and MA forms successfully, waiting to see what develops with RI.

EFile Transmission Error

I have to tell you I spent 3+ hours on the phone with customer service on 2/3 and 2/4 troubleshooting this error, and they concluded they were out of ideas and told me to send it by mail. They never suggested isolating the state returns from the efiling process, and they were screen sharing while we got the same error over and over. Thank goodness for other customers because customer service on this issue is terrible.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Please check back later in the week once we have had a chance to review the error. Thank you for your patience! 

@kwheisen

@norcaltrader

EFile Transmission Error

I've already posted on the same problem with my RI taxes. Turbo Tax told me to wait for an email reply before trying to file. I waited and got the email to update my CD turbo tax, I updated and was pleased to see that my RI return was ready to transmit, I paid my $20.00 fee and guess what ? I still can't transmit my State return. What am I supposed to do now ?  I'll probably get the fee taken off my credit card by telling them that Turbo Tax took my money and ran.

EFile Transmission Error

I also ended up paying the $20 thinking it would transmit. It did not and the $20 has already cleared from my bank. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

This issue is being worked on at the moment. Please check back for updates. Thank you for your patience. 

EFile Transmission Error

Trying to send RI for the past 48 hrs. Send error message. Thanks for the reply about sending federal. At least I got that to go through. Hope we have a resolution very soon. Already charged me the filing fee yet, I am unable to EFile. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

EFile Transmission Error

@ladyluck7

Thank you for reporting this experience.  We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Please check back later in the week once we have had a chance to review the error. Thank you for your patience! 

EFile Transmission Error

Heather, do you actually believe that this will be resolved ? We are talking about the Turbo Tax CD, correct ? I transmitter my Federal taxes, no problem. What irks me is the fact that I had to wait a few days before My RI State was ready to finalize. Turbo Tax led me through the process, ran an error check and had me pay the 

$20.00 fee and then gave me the OK to transmit my State. Well as we know now, it didn't transmit. Why did Intuit take my $20.00 if it wasn't ready to transmit ? That is wrong, now I'm out the money and I can't send in my State Return. I'm not happy at all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies