Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EFile rejected with code R0000-058-01. This appears to be a problem with form 7206. Any timeline for when this will be fixed in the desktop version ?

re: R0000-058-01 reject code.

In my case this definitely had to do with form 7206. My solution.

1st:  I searched for Form 7206 in forms menu

2nd: I noticed I had Form 7206 as part of a K1 (which was correct). I also noticed I has a Form 7206 a part of

Schedule C, which for an unknown reason showed I was filing one although I have no Schedule C activity.

3rd: I delated the Schedule C, which also removed the Form 7206 associated with the Schedule C. (The other correct 7206 remained part of the K1) 

4th: I resubmitted

5th: It was accepted        

jknr
Level 2

EFile rejected with code R0000-058-01. This appears to be a problem with form 7206. Any timeline for when this will be fixed in the desktop version ?

I've got a C so all that is necessary for me. The glitch definitely happens when ticking the box to link a 1095-A to self-employment activity. As soon as I do that the glitched 7206 appears in the delete forms list and the problems begin. Unfortunately versus desktop, there is no actual forms view in online, not that I think it would help in this instance.

If you can delete Form 7206 it will work but unfortunately Turbotax will not allow you to delete this form if you have forms such as Form 1095-A as part of your return. Even if the resulting computation from Form 7206 has a zero deduction.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you are using the desktop software, you need to update TurboTax; this issue was corrected today.   If you are not required to use form 7206, you can delete it.   According to the IRS Instructions for Form 7206, there are three criteria that require Form 7206 to be used to calculate the self-employed health insurance deductions.  These are:

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

Your SE health deduction is on Line 17 of Schedule 1.

How to delete forms in TurboTax Online

How to delete forms in TurboTax Desktop

@stevewhelan 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jknr
Level 2

Not using desktop, using Turbotax online. I can confirm as of a second ago (just tried yet again) that:

• 7206 is still appearing
  • 7206 still has a blank line 1 that cascades through the rest of the form
  • Sched 1 line 17 still has a different, non-zero amount
  • Deleting 7206 results in a 'successfully deleted' dialogue but repeatable and instant regeneration of the form. It is clearly tied to my 1095-A and still glitching.

So as of now TT online is apparently still busted. If desktop was addressed today, is there an ETA for online being discussed?

Yes if you have any other form that provides dataflow into Form 7206 such as 1095-A Turbotax will not allow you to delete it.

This is exactly my issue, still as of this morning, too.  Using Online Version, and Form 7206 is still showing incorrect information, and it will not allow me to delete it.

Very disappointed in TurboTax for not fixing the Form 7206 calculation issue yet.  After years of filing with TT, I am days away from demanding a refund and filing elsewhere.  Mailing a paper filing is NOT a satisfactory solution in today's day and age, especially given the wait time horror stories we hear about paper filings.

@DawnC : And for those of us who were able to efile before this update and weren’t able to delete the unnecessary and incorrect 7206 from our returns, what are you doing to inform the IRS that your product has produced this error?

This problem has not been resolved in at least 3 weeks. The update that TurboTax may not be able to solve it before filing date is ridiculous.  Really they should provide a refund because without electronic filing what's the point, The problem seems not difficult to solve: Form 7206 does not meet the pdf transfer formating standard and is rejected by the IRS. You would think Turbotax would prioritize problems that prevent electronic filing.

They fixed it once back in mid-February.  Many of us who had been waiting were able to Efile with this situation.  Then the rejects started all over again.  TT knows this.

Next year’s software should be free, or most of us will move on to another provider.  I will not go to online prep.

This is still an issue. I tried to e-file Federal today and got the same error message. I've updated software, update from 3/28 is installed.

dk82
Level 3

@jknr@SS77771

I believe we may have encountered the same issue. I use Turbotax Online and had a Schedule C plus 1095-A. This resulted in an erroneously blank Line 1, 3 & 14 on Form 7206, but correct value on Schedule 1 Line 17.

My workaround was to go to Deductions -> Form 1095A and uncheck the box "I'm self-employed and bought a Marketplace plan." This alone will remove the 7206 but also remove the deduction from Schedule 1.

Then I went to Wages & Income -> Self Employment -> Add Expenses -> Health Insurance Premiums and entered the total premiums paid. This will generate a correct Form 7206 and and restore the deduction to Schedule 1.

Note that if you received an insurance subsidy on your 1095-A, you'll need to take extra care in entering the proper deduction. Mine was straightforward without a subsidy, and I confirmed that all values on Schedule 1, Schedule C, and Form 8962 (1095-A) still matched post-workaround.

Disclaimer: This was just my personal workaround and is not official advice.

Be sure that you do not have any subsidy amounts on  your 1095-A. If you do you have to file that form with your tax return. If you don't the IRS will flag it as an error requiring your return to be refiled or possibly an audit your return.

dk82
Level 3

@stevewhelan 

The workaround I used does not remove the 1095-A, thus the required Form 8962 is still filed. I compared page-by-page, line-by-line, pre- and post-workaround and the ONLY changes are the intended inclusion of Lines 1, 3, and 14 on Form 7206.

However, your point is still well taken. Those with subsidies need to take extra care that they're entering the proper deduction if attempting a workaround, as the deduction likely differs from the sum of subsidies paid.

I belienve adding the Health Ins. premiums for a Marketplace plan as expenses in the business section could be a problem. If you look at the notes for that entry in Turbotax you will see that it advises not to include marketplace premiums there. I realize you are trying a work around but it could be flagged by the IRS. Although it seems when you checked the totals it does not double count this entriy and the 1095-A (which it should if it was working properly). In addition it seems if we follow Turbotax advice and mail in the return that Form 7206 entries will be wrong, I gusess Turbotax is failing badly in their 100% accuracy guarantee!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies