turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-FILE MY RETURN ERROR - How to solve this?

By email is not working either. my phone number is correct. 

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

There seems to be an issue with e-filing when there is not a US phone number listed in your Intuit Online account.   When you are signed into your account, click on Intuit Account in the bottom left corner.    The error is not from the phone number on your tax return but rather the phone number attached to your Intuit (TurboTax) account.  

Change your phone number to a US number in the Intuit Account of Turbo Tax.   No need to verify this number in the Intuit Account just click exit when you are done. Then go back to your return and continue filing.   Don't use a Google Voice number, a Skype number, or any other non-US or non-verifiable phone number.  Again, you don't have to verify the number but the number needs to be verifiable.  

You may be able to leave the phone number field blank on your Intuit account and e-file your return.  No matter which option you use, make sure to update your account with your correct phone number once your return is e-filed.  

Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits

Zuzana85
Returning Member

My phone number is also correct but it's still not working...

Any other solution about how to fix this?

Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies