Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lemonfbaker
Returning Member

Downloaded tt2020 in the spring. Trued to open today. 11/1/21 and it says update. Don’t want to update. Is there a way around the update prompt.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Downloaded tt2020 in the spring. Trued to open today. 11/1/21 and it says update. Don’t want to update. Is there a way around the update prompt.

Are you using a desktop (installed) version)? I assume that you are, but you should update your software if you have not yet filed your return.

You can turn off the updater in the menu options.

1.jpg2.jpg

lemonfbaker
Returning Member

Already filed.   You can’t get to the menu without doing the update.  And the update freezes half way through    

I know.  It is automatically set to update when you install it now.    So after I first install it when I get into the program I go change the settings to ask me before updating.   So if it wants to automatically update I think you are stuck until you can get in and turn it off.

even if you turn off updating to start it should be updated before you file.  failure to update could result in an inaccurate return and void Turbotax's accuracy guarantee. besides, it's too late to e-file.

Disable the Internet before you launch TurboTax.

It will not be able to update, and you can change the update option.

lemonfbaker
Returning Member

Nope. Still asks to update.    
the updates won’t update.  The error message says no fix available.  

You might want to contact phone support for this issue.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

You could also try a repair install or an uninstall and re-install.

If you are on Windows try a manual update.

Troubleshooting update issues on Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-turbotax-for-windows-updating-is...

If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies