turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jacki1

Does turbo tax ask for my bank user name and password? Never needed it before. Not comfortable giving out that information so is there a way around it?

New this year I am reporting income from 1099R. After clicking yes it asks for personal bank login information. Never needed it before.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does turbo tax ask for my bank user name and password? Never needed it before. Not comfortable giving out that information so is there a way around it?

IF you check "Import from my bank or brokerage" it needs to log-in - to receive authorization from the bank or brokerage  so that access can be granted to your account.

If you check "I'll type it myself" then no login required.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

You only need that if you want to "attempt"  to import it from the bank (or other financial Provider). SO of course you would need the username and password, otherwise anyone could get your info.

SO...Do NOT try to select the bank

..Ignore the box at the top of the screen and leave it blank.

.....go to the lower-Rt corner and click on

.........."I'll type it in myself"

Then enter your values manually using your paper copy

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Problem is when one tries to enter info, that (do it myself) page is not responding as it should as it loops back to the page with Turbo Tax "impressing" by wanting to import info which means they in effect can gain access to people's bank accounts...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies