Does the desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe 2019 i...

cerega

Does the desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe 2019 include free e-filing?

Yes for federal.  You get 5 free efiles.  The rest you can print and mail.  The state return is free to print and mail or 24.99 to efile (19.99 before March 1 and NY is free).

cerega

Thank you.  By 5 free efiles do you mean 5 separate federal tax returns?  I have one federal and one state return to file.  

Yes 5 separate federal returns for different people.  Like for your family.  Are you going to buy Deluxe?  If you buy Deluxe in a store be careful.  Deluxe comes 2 ways, Deluxe with a free state program download and Deluxe without State for states that don't have an income tax.  So you want Deluxe that says...Federal+Efile+State 

cerega

I bought it as a download from Amazon.  It says TurboTax  Tax Software Deluxe + State 2019 (Amazon Exclusive).  It was the Mac version if that makes a difference.

That's fine.  Be sure to find and save the 14 digit License Code. You will need it to activate the program.  Did you install it yet?

How to install on Mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-mac/00/...

cerega

I've been using it.  My taxes are almost done, which is why I'm now thinking about how to file.  In the past I've always filed on paper, but this year, efile seems like the better option.

Go slow at the end to efile.  There is one screen that can charge you extra by taking the state efile fee out of your refund instead of paying with a credit card.  So watch out for that one!  Don't just click on Continue.  Read the buttons!  This is from the Windows Desktop program......

RTF Desktop.jpg

cerega

Thank you!