turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does the desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe 2019 include free e-filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Yes for federal.  You get 5 free efiles.  The rest you can print and mail.  The state return is free to print and mail or 24.99 to efile (19.99 before March 1 and NY is free).

Thank you.  By 5 free efiles do you mean 5 separate federal tax returns?  I have one federal and one state return to file.  

Yes 5 separate federal returns for different people.  Like for your family.  Are you going to buy Deluxe?  If you buy Deluxe in a store be careful.  Deluxe comes 2 ways, Deluxe with a free state program download and Deluxe without State for states that don't have an income tax.  So you want Deluxe that says...Federal+Efile+State 

I bought it as a download from Amazon.  It says TurboTax  Tax Software Deluxe + State 2019 (Amazon Exclusive).  It was the Mac version if that makes a difference.

That's fine.  Be sure to find and save the 14 digit License Code. You will need it to activate the program.  Did you install it yet?

How to install on Mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-mac/00/...

I've been using it.  My taxes are almost done, which is why I'm now thinking about how to file.  In the past I've always filed on paper, but this year, efile seems like the better option.

Go slow at the end to efile.  There is one screen that can charge you extra by taking the state efile fee out of your refund instead of paying with a credit card.  So watch out for that one!  Don't just click on Continue.  Read the buttons!  This is from the Windows Desktop program......

RTF Desktop.jpg

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies