Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csmith1

Does any one know the answer to this question I asked on Feb 26? turbo tax is counting a re-filed rejected return as one of my 5 free filings. How do I fix this?

I do not know what other detail I can give.  I have only used 4 of the 5 free files I paid for with the Turbo Tax Program (one being a refile of a rejected return.  How do I get Turbo Tax to reply?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does any one know the answer to this question I asked on Feb 26? turbo tax is counting a re-filed rejected return as one of my 5 free filings. How do I fix this?

you can only efile five times from the same computer. 

On the other hand, you should get five out of your Windows program. The online version should not count.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
csmith1

Would the turbo tax free edition affect the Turbo Tax delux program I paid for as far as the number of e filings available.

did you download it onto your PC ? and open it ?

if you used four out of five, including a return started Online, that leaves one more remaining.
A rejected return doesn't count as anything.

you can only efile five times from the same computer. 

On the other hand, you should get five out of your Windows program. The online version should not count.

csmith1

Since the online free version does not count (since it was not part of the CD I paid for and downloaded) and the rejected return that I refiled return does not count, how do I get my 5th one reinstated????
mitto64
Returning Member

I have the same question. I have e-filed 5 federal returns from my TurboTax Premier 2021 tax software. One of those e-files was rejected and had to be mailed in. Why is TurboTax telling me I now have purchase another copy of the program? I still have one more e-filing left. How can this filing be reinstated? I can't use the free version because I have dividends.

If you e-File with an invalid Taxpayer Social Security number, oops, you just used up an e-File.

Be more careful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies