turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

myencken

Does an Intuit Code text that I did not initiate mean a security breach into my account?

One said Your Turbotax Code but ones I initiated say Your Intuit Code.  Security breach?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does an Intuit Code text that I did not initiate mean a security breach into my account?

Not necessarily.  Someone else may have mistyped their own phone number.

Funny but this happens more than you would believe and that other person is trying to figure out why the code is not coming to them. 

One wrong number on a phone # or and email and you get things meant for others.   It would be a good idea to log into your online account and check if anything was accessed,  change your PW and/or turn on the 2 step authetification option. 

To update your TurboTax Advantage account, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900547-how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-information-in-my-turbotax-...

..annnd...the use of the terms "TurboTax Code" vs "Intuit Code" could both be sent for different situations.

Intuit has a master page for updating general account information, perhaps with a code confirmation, and may also have a separate code sent-out for confirmation within just the TurboTax product itself  (Intuit has a couple different products/access points, including an Intuit payroll service).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies