Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to pay again if I used my license code to download Turbo Tax State?

My CD changer not working, bought Turbo Tax DeLuxe. so downloaded using License Code.
Do I still need to Pay?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@ rgsims2735 wrote:
My CD changer not working, bought Turbo Tax DeLuxe. so downloaded using License Code.
Do I still need to Pay?

We need to understand more.   There are a couple of scenarios.  Which of these is your situation?

Underneath your question it says you are using "Online Deluxe."   Is that correct???   Did you happen to use Online Deluxe (web version) by mistake instead of using the desktop software you downloaded with your license code?   If so, we can tell you how to switch from Online TurboTax to your desktop software without starting over in order to finish and file.

Or did you indeed install and use the desktop software for your Federal and state returns, but are now seeing a $25 fee to efile the state return?   In the desktop software Federal efiling is free, but there is a $25 fee to efile each state return.  There is no state efile fee for New  York state and no fee to print and mail the state return.

loie7

I hate this license code. I paid $60 for it and now Turbo wants $170 for fed and state filing. Who can help? 

@loie7 wrote:

I hate this license code. I paid $60 for it and now Turbo wants $170 for fed and state filing. Who can help? 

What exactly was purchased for $60?

And for the $170, that sounds like you are using the TurboTax online editions which do not require a license code.  The online editions are totally separate programs not associated with the desktop editions.

Sorry you can't apply the Desktop CD/Download program purchase to the Online version.  They are separate prices and work different.  You have to pay for online and try to get a refund for the Desktop program.  Or switch to your program.  Do you need help installing the program on your computer?

If you already started in the Online version you can move your return to the Desktop program even without paying for Online. 

First download the .tax file from the Online version,  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

Then see, How to Switch to Desktop,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had.  So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - New)

Then you just OPEN the .tax2022 file, go up to File-Open.  You don't import or transfer it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies