Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amy7

Do I have to pay for the Desktop version in order to convert my QBO data to Desktop version in order to import to TurboTax?

I want to continue to use QBO moving forward (and I pay for that service).  I don't want to pay for Desktop version (nor use it) other than to get my QBO data into TurboTax. I cannot install Desktop version without license or product codes. Am I missing something?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassieLO

Do I have to pay for the Desktop version in order to convert my QBO data to Desktop version in order to import to TurboTax?

4 Replies
CassieLO

amy7

Thanks so much for the reply, Cassie.  I had looked at both of those links.  The instructions require that I download Desktop version.  However, in order to even be able to open Desktop version to see the QBO data, it is asking for license & product numbers. That seems like I would have to buy it in order to get those numbers.
CassieLO

You're welcome! In the first link, you'll see requirements for export. Under the fourth bullet it states "For access to trial versions of the desktop program, for the purposes of export, see QuickBooks Desktop Trial Links."
amy7

Thank you, Thank you! I knew I missed something.  Thank you so very much!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies