Do I have to file a 1099 misc form if I only made $3000 last year?

Yes, you do.  If you made even $400 that was reported on a 1099Misc it has to be reported as self-employment income.  You will owe self-employment tax on it for Social Security and Medicare.

You cannot enter a 1099Misc when you are using the Free Edition.  If you qualify, there is another free software program available from TurboTax which will allow you to enter self-employment income reported on a 1099Misc.

You qualify if your income was $33,000 or less, or $64,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

Try the Freedom Edition:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom