Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Didn’t get my w2 from my employer what can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DeniseF1

If your employer refuses to send one, find your last pay stub. You'll need the information shown there to recreate your missing W-2, and to notify the IRS that your employer did not send a W-2.  The pay stub should show the employer name, address and possibly the employer identification number, or EIN. 

Next, call the IRS at (800) 829-1040 for help in obtaining the missing form. The IRS will use the employer information you have to 'remind' your boss that you need a substitute W-2. You'll get a copy of that notice along with a Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement.

If you do not receive the Form 4852 after notifying the IRS, you will need to create your own in Turbo Tax.  Go through the W-2 entry section and enter the information from your last paystub.  On the follow-up pages look for the page titled "Do any of these uncommon situations apply to this W-2?"  Select "Substitute form - I didn't get a W-2 from my employer and need to complete a substitute form." This will take you through the steps to complete the Form 4852 so you can file your return.

Be sure you make all attempts to acquire your W-2 from your employer and IRS before resorting to the Form 4852, as using the form instead of an original W-2 may delay your refund while the IRS verifies the information you provided.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3688903-what-if-i-didnt-get-a-w2

There is no box with the option "Substitute form - I didn't get a W-2 from my employer and need to complete a substitute form" on that page???
wre_bcn75

di not find this option

I haven't recieved my W2 form from Sonics in Stickbridge fla. The address  it was sent to was a previous address.. My current  address is [address removed]

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

If you still have not received your W-2, take a look at the following TurboTax articles for more information and advice about what to do next:

What if it's February but I still don't have my W-2?.

How do I file a substitute W-2 using Form 4852?

@Sarahnward83

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies